A good skin care routine is a must but sometimes we want a little additional touch-up with botox, fillers, and other medical spa treatments. There’s no shame in taking care of the overall health and appearance of your skin.
Our post-procedure skin care products can help to protect your desired results between visits, especially now with quarantine restrictions, we might not be able to make our appointments as frequently as we used to or want to.
Read on to learn which of our medical grade skin care products best prolong and promote the life of your treatments for your best face forward!
Botox gently helps smooth fine lines and wrinkles in the forehead, eyebrows, and around the eyes area, giving you a more youthful appearance. Getting Botox takes only a few minutes but it generally takes 7 to 14 days to take full effect.
The side effects would last about 3 months but using a good skin care routine can help prolong your results.
- SkinMedica Total Defense + Repair SPF 34: Not only does wearing a daily SPF fend off wrinkle-causing UV damage, but it can also actually help erase signs of aging skin! This is the only sunscreen with the patented SOL-IR technology that corrects signs of aging while it protects! Using a proprietary blend of potent antioxidants, this product improves elasticity, the appearance of wrinkles, and photodamaged skin. There’s nothing that fights off wrinkles by not having wrinkles at all to begin with. The best part is that it comes in a tinted formula too for a simple on-the-go look for those busy mornings!
- SkinMedica TNS Advanced+ Serum: The SkinMedica TNS product line is a real winner in our book. Deemed as “liquid gold in a bottle” and “botox in a bottle” the infusion of growth factors, peptides, brighteners, and plumping hyaluronic properties are what give this product its fame. A third-party, validated psychometric scale revealed that patients felt they looked up to 6 years younger after 12 weeks and people felt increasingly more satisfied with continued use measured over 24 weeks.
- SkinMedica Retinol Complex: Boost your anti-aging process with retinol to encourage newer, healthier skin cells for a youthful complexion. Daily application can diminish the appearance of fine lines, coarse wrinkles, and dark spots around the eyes. Available in 3 custom strengths so there’s something for everyone. Just wait for 24 to 48 hours post procedure to minimize the risk of irritation though! Want to know the difference between retinol, retinal, and Retin-A? Learn about it here.
Dermal fillers are very flexible and can give great results in many different applications including enhancing facial contours, wrinkles, and volumizing! Dermal fillers can help restore age-related volume loss in the temples and cheekbones, fill in deep wrinkles around the mouth and plump the lips.
The results are temporary, lasting 6 to 12 months or longer before the body gradually and naturally absorbs the hyaluronic acid particles.
- SkinCeuticals HA Intensifier: Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that is already found in your skin, and is actually the substance that is being injected most of the time as dermal fillers. It helps keep skin plump and hydrated. This serum provides immediate smoothing in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and delivers long-lasting hydration to visibly improve skin’s texture. Studies show at least a 23% improvement in plumpness after 12 weeks!
- SkinMedica HA5 Smooth & Plump Lip System: After plumping the lips with dermal fillers, continue to treat the delicate skin topically on a daily basis. This two-step system smooths fine lines around the lips while further plumping their appearance, enhancing definition, and bringing out your lips’ natural rosiness.
Microneedling is a procedure that uses small needles to prick the skin to generate new collagen and skin tissue. This procedure is most commonly used to help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, stretch marks, and skin texture.
Immediately after treatment, your skin may experience redness and minor swelling like a bad sunburn. The redness should subside after a few hours but for some, it may take up to a week. If this happens, you may use the following products to reduce redness, heat, and inflammation.
- SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel: This oil-free moisturizer combines vitamin B5 with hyaluronic acid, the body’s natural hydrator, to help bind moisture to the skin. The gel also helps with heat and inflammation giving it a cooling effect if you pop it in the fridge about 10-15 minutes before application. This is perfect for sensitive skin post procedure because it is also paraben-, alcohol-, dye-, fragrance-free!
- Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50: Immediately after your treatment, it is best to avoid the sun altogether. If you must go out in the sun, you will need to apply a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 25 or higher sunscreen. Prolonged sun exposure is to be avoided for 4 weeks before and after treatment. Sun exposure may cause certain complications such as blistering and/or hyperpigmentation so be extra careful after your treatment!
- SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic: The iconic daytime Vitamin C serum paired with microneedling has shown a 44% improvement in skin radiance, 36% improvement in the appearance of wrinkles, and 37% increase in skin firmness. This serum is paraben-free which is so important since you have to avoid parabens that can enter the microchannels and solidify in the skin, causing the formation of granulomas! If you don’t want to take our word for it, just Google image search it!
While there are many medical spa treatments available on the market these days, botox, fillers, and microneedling are the most popular. You skin care routine is not only an investment but also your best face forward so be sure to protect it and treat it well!
Did you enjoy reading our recommended products? If so, leave a comment below and tell us what other spa treatments such as a laser treatment or chemical peel you interested in and we can do a part two to post procedure skin care pairings!