Interested in Obagi and its admirable line of skin care products and systems but not sure where to begin? You came to the right place! In this blog, we are going to take a closer look at Obagi’s Nu Derm and Obagi C Rx systems, and how they can make an incredible difference in your skin.
History of Obagi
Obagi has a 30-year legacy based on science, innovation while leading research that worked to meet the needs of every and all skin tones and types. They make purposeful decisions to be inclusive and create inclusive skincare products ensuring everyone is represented.
Their belief is geared towards prevention rather than correction while releasing the skin’s maximum potential. They develop, “Scientifically backed, clinical quality formulations to promote healthy, future-facing skin.” Obagi products include 4% hydroquinone so they are only available through physicians, medical spas, other skin care and medical professionals, and SkinSolutions, of course!
Obagi Nu Derm System vs. Obagi C Rx System
Obagi systems are, “scientifically formulated to create skin care results that make a real difference in the appearance of your skin.” They are formulated for all ages and skin types to cleanse, hydrate, tone, and refresh the skin. The variety of systems address specific skin care concerns. Which is best for you? We suggest seeking guidance from a skin care professional to help you decide which system will yield positive results for you and your skin. Here at SkinSolutions, our doctors can help make recommendations for you.
If you are comparing the Obagi Nu Derm System and the C Rx System, the difference is simple. One is corrective while the other is preventative.
1. Obagi C Rx System
Obagi C RX is a preventative skin care system. It works to minimize hyperpigmentation by focusing on brightening and smoothing with Vitamin C antioxidant protection with prescription 4% hydroquinone.
The system includes the following products:
- Obagi C-Cleansing Gel: A gentle cleanser that removes dirt, debris, oil, and any other contamination from the skin. Vitamin C providing antioxidant protection is an added bonus.
- A gentle daily cleanser that thoroughly washes away dirt, debris, excess oil, and any other impurities while Vitamin C provides antioxidant protection against harmful free radicals.
- Obagi C-Clarifying Serum Normal to Dry: Working to minimize stubborn fine lines and wrinkles, this powerful serum reduces age spots and dark spots for brighter, smoother, evenly-toned skin.
- Obagi C-Exfoliating Day Lotion: This light lotion helps to remove dead skin cells, lighten and fade dark spots while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, revealing brighter, smoother skin.
- Obagi C-Therapy Night Cream: This Vitamin-C enriched formula seals in moisture while protecting your skin against antioxidant protection against harmful free radicals, while improving the tone and texture of your skin.
- Obagi C-SunShield Broad Spectrum SPF 50: One of Obagi’s most powerful sunscreens. It helps prevent premature aging and sun damage while protecting your skin against harmful UVA/UVB rays.
- Its matte finish offers smooth protection without an oily shine or greasy feel.
2. Obagi Nu Derm System
The Obagi Nu Derm is the corrective system. It is created for skin that is showing signs of damage such as, dark spots, age spots, and discoloration. It also works to correct hyperpigmentation and melasma with the prescription 4% hydroquinone, allowing a brighter, more even-toned complexion to emerge.
This system includes:
- Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser: An effective skin cleanser that washes away impurities such as dirt, debris, excess oil, makeup, and harmful pollutants.
- Obagi Nu-Derm Toner: A gentle toner that hydrates and restores your skin’s pH balance, helping your skin successfully absorb other Nu-Derm products to achieve a more radiant, evenly-toned complexion.
- Obagi Nu-Derm Clear: With 4% hydroquinone this skin-bleaching and correcting cream helps to fade and eliminate dark spots, age spots, uneven skin tone, and discoloration.
- Obagi Nu-Derm Exfoderm: Containing glycolic and lactic acid, this exfoliation lotion removes dead skin cells revealing fresh, radiant, even, healthy skin.
- Obagi Nu-Derm Blender: This powerhouse product successfully reduces dark spots, age spots, freckles, hyper-pigmentation, and discoloration.
- Obagi Nu-Derm Hydrate Moisturizer: Boasting natural ingredients like avocado oil to seal in moisture, this soothing, conditional lotion can be used daily without irritating your skin or clogging your pores.
- Obagi Nu-Derm Sun Shield SPF 50: A powerful sunscreen offering protection against UVA/UVB rays while simultaneously preventing sun damage and signs of premature aging.
Looking to go beyond your selected Obagi system? The products below are an excellent start to completing your routine.
3. Obagi Nu Derm Blender Rx
Aging and skin aging is a natural process that is expedited by daily sun exposure which is a contributor to premature aging. Obagi Nu Derm Rx is an evening topical treatment cream that will transform your skin and convert cellular functions in every layer of the skin, helping it look and act younger and healthier. Obagi Nu Derm is ideal if you suffer from age spots, rough skin, redness, yellowish complexion, or hyperpigmentation.
Formulated with prescription 4% hydroquinone, Obagi Nu Derm Blender Rx works to improve skin tone and texture while boosting healing as a deep penetrating night cream. Obagi Nu Derm Blender can be used on its own or part of the complete Nu-Derm regimen and works with all types of skin and tones to eliminate dark spots, brown spots, age spots, hyper-pigmentation, and discoloration allowing a brighter, evenly-toned, radiant, healthy complexion.
4. Obagi Nu Derm Sunfader SPF 15
Obagi Nu Derm Sunfader SPF is a combination of prescription-strength combination SPF and skin correction cream created to treat hyperpigmentation while fighting against harsh UV ray damage.
Effective for all skin types, Obagi Nu Derm fader is formulated with 5.5% oxybenzone and 7.5% octinoxate. Sunfader not only protects the skin from damage from the sun caused by UVA/UVB rays, but it also helps reduce and diminish dark spots, sun spots, freckles, hyperpigmentation and discoloration for a more even and toned complexion. It also keeps the skin clear of impurities on the surface of the skin while offering protection against harmful free radicals that are present in the environment. This incredible combination provides the finest results for smooth, even, radiant-looking skin.
Summer is here: Purchase yours by clicking here
5. Obagi Tretinoin Cream
Obagi Tretinoin Cream is a powerful retinol cream that treats acne, discoloration, and signs of aging.
Procured from Vitamin A, this prescription product treats acne, hyperpigmentation, and premature aging. As stated on the SkinSolutions MD website, “Vitamin A is widely recognized in skin care as one of the most powerful and effective skin treatments available. It’s the same form of Vitamin A that the body naturally synthesizes for healthy skin and many other essential functions.” Tretinoin heals deep beneath the layers of the skin working to take an offense against acne from the source of the issue. It increases collagen production, lightening scars, and eliminating blemishes, and impeding the production of excess pigment. As a result, you are treated with clearer, brighter, smoother skin after 6 to 12 weeks of consistent use. For some, acne may get worse before it gets better.
Vitamin A has been highlighted in skin care as one of the most powerful and effective skin treatments available. It’s the same form of Vitamin A, “That the body naturally synthesizes for healthy skin and many other essential functions.”
Important to note: You cannot use Tretinoin on damaged or broken skin, if you are pregnant or lactating, or if you are taking prescription acne medication.
Also, if you have undergone a peel, light, or laser treatment you should avoid Tretinoin as well. Side effects of using Tretinoin may include redness, dryness, burning, excessive flaking and/or peeling. There are three strength options for Obagi Rx Tretinoin Cream: .025%, .05%, and .1%. Your skin sensitivity will determine which strength option you should purchase. If this is your first time using Tretinoin, it is recommended to start at the lowest strength. Be sure to speak to a skin care professional for guidance.
Click the links below to learn more and purchase your Tretinoin strength cream.
You can order products from the Obagi Nu-Derm and Obagi C Rx Systems directly from our website. Your purchase from Skin Solutions MD includes a free prescription AND free shipping. An unbeatable combination! It is also important to note that due to telemedicine laws we are unable to ship to all 50 states. But, if you sign up for our newsletter, you will be the first to know when as we expand our shipping capacity!